Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Static-Descriptive Essay: Nothing Beats A Summer Adventure With Family

People are busy throughout the year. Some people deal with their jobs or careers and people like us deal with tons of school work. All of us are so busy that we do not spend much time together. Summer is the only time where families and friends can cherish every single second with each other. Spending summer at the beach with my family is one of the events I am looking forward to.

Every year, I feel excited as I wait for summer to come so I can lie down on my back and feel the warm sand under the sun. Two years ago, we spent our summer at the beautiful beaches of Subic. Being there made me feel so relaxed as I watched the waves dance and the sun smile at me. We stayed in a house made of wood while we were playing beach volleyball. We ate foods that are delicious and if I remember it correctly, they served it with love. As we munched on our delicious foods, we enjoyed exchanging stories with each other. It has been a long time since we last shared smiles with each other. Being with them made me feel so alive and thankful to God He gifted me such wonderful people. Being with my family makes me feel closer to home even if we are miles away from our house.

Piggy back rides are my cousins' favorite. They love it when they feel bigger and taller. I just love the feeling of being able to carry people. It makes me feel that I am strong and trusted by other people. Though I get tired at times, I still tend to put a smile on my face because it is such a wonderful sight to see that I make them happy.

I have a cousin who takes great pictures. I instantly smile and pose whenever my cousin points his camera at me. He loves it when I make goofy faces - eyes crossed, my tongue sticking out and wacky hands. I do not know why, but I just love seeing people laugh because of me. A picture takes a second to capture but it takes a thousand words to explain the picture.

Being one with the beach keeps me calm and feel so relaxed. As I watch families enjoy the company of each other, I sit down on one corner adoring the view. They are all smiles and full of laughter. It makes me feel alive as if my heart just wants to jump out and say, "Thank God I am alive!"

At night, I find it peaceful being alone. I watched the moon dominate the sky as it lit up the beach. I counted the stars and noticed that I was counting the same stars all over again. Mom joined me in my journey throughout the night. She kept me warm and cozy. It felt as if the night will never end when I am with my mom. I consider her one of the people who influenced me the most. She is my best friend.

The next morning, I was the first to get out of bed. I watched the sun go up and it smiled at me. I got out of the hotel, took the elevator and ran out to the beach to get some good heat from the morning sun. I felt the breeze touch my skin as waves danced again, watched the birds fly around the sky and people goof around as I do one of my favorite things at the beach every morning which is to feel the shore in the morning.

Spending summer at the beach with my family is one of the events that I am looking forward to. As I wait for next summer, I hope everything will be okay. Every year, I yearn the company of my family at the beach. I just hope everything stays the same.

Reflection:

I find it hard to make this essay. First, I had trouble with what topic to discuss in this essay. There are only a few that I can remember. Also, it was hard to "show" what I felt during that time. Maybe I could have "showed" more to improve this essay and I should not have repeated some parts of the essay. I think there are a lot of overused words in this essay like waves dancing, and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment