Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reflective Essay

English is not an easy subject to learn because we are not used to it. My competency in reading and writing English is my grammar. I think it is easy to talk to other people in English for it sounds more professional.

I have to improve on my vocabulary and reading. I am not much of a reader but I am more of a writer. Sometimes when I am feeling too happy or too sad, I tend to write poems or stories and then later on I can get back to it and read it again because it makes me feel better. I do not like reading long stories, novels, and the like. It bores me. It is not fun for me at all. I have books at home that I have not yet finished reading.

I have to work on my vocabulary. Sometimes when a person says something or some word I do not know, I go blank. I think I should start bringing a pocket dictionary. That will help me.

I expect ENGLCOM course to be tasky because there are a lot of paper works to be done like essays. I also expect it to be fun because we will not be reading or writing anything business-related. I am not saying I do not like business. I just need a break from it after what has happened to me last term. I actually looked forward to the ENGLCOM course. Not because of new friends but because I have interest in the subject except reading. I think it would not be as easy as many people say, I find it challenging- writing essays, reading essays or other short stories.

I think this course will help me a lot in achieving my goals. I had a vision of graduating or studying while earning money at the same time then buying my parents what they want instead of me getting what I want. This course will help me to communicate well with other people, especially when building relationships with business partners. This course will definitely help me in achieving my dreams. What will happen to you if you cannot speak and understand English? With the fast growth of technology, it is hard to be left out and to cope with the changing world. Somehow the English language, keeps us together even though everything is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment